Do you remember the smell of your mom making cookies from scratch? The way your mouth watered as you stood in front of the oven impatiently watching, waiting for them to be done. Well with these chocolate peanut butter no bake cookies, there is no waiting! They are ready after you complete four easy steps, and taste just as good as moms!
These cookies are quick, easy and delicious!
I know these cookies definitely aren’t diet approved. But when your sweet tooth kicks in, they are sure to hit the spot!
They are super easy to make and use ingredients that we all have lying around in our kitchens. Make them in a pinch and they are sure to be a crowd pleaser! And besides, who doesn’t love chocolate and peanut butter? They are sure to become a family favorite for years and generations to come!
2 cups sugar
4 tablespoons cocoa
1 stick butter
1/2 cup milk
1 cup peanut butter
1 tablespoon vanilla
3 cups oatmeal
1. Bring the sugar, cocoa, butter and milk to a boil for 1 minute in a heavy saucepan.
2. Add peanut butter, vanilla and oatmeal and stir.
3. On a sheet of waxed paper, drop mixture by the teaspoonfuls.
4. Let cool and enjoy!
Tips and Tricks!
- Once you add the oats, the cookies start to set up right away, so have your wax paper ready ahead of time.
- Adding things like shredded coconut, peanuts or chopped almonds or walnuts would also taste amazing.
- If you have any leftover cookies just pop them into the freezer to keep them fresh for your next cookie craving
These cookies are a family favorite! What are yours?
Photos courtesy of gimmesomeoven.com